“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Dear Family and Friends,
Warmest greetings from Poland! We trust that this finds each of you growing in your faith and being strengthened through our Lord Jesus Christ!
Please know how much your love and prayers mean to us as a mission! We are frequently reminded that we are vessels being used by the Lord and nothing we do in and of ourselves is what is going to make a difference in eternity! It is only through the Lord working in each of us that He can use us…’cracked’ vessels and all!
We are thankful for some recent provisions that have allowed us to be able to do some much needed roof repairs at Betel Church. We had some funds set aside for this need… and some of our Dutch friends had written about a financial gift that ‘just happened’ to be the amount we needed to be able to fully pay for the work to be completed! The roof itself was quite damaged and we were having problems when it rained or snowed, with water coming through and damaging the ceiling inside the church as well. This gift allowed us this brand new beautiful roof and drainage for the rain and snow that will protect the church from any further problems of this nature.
We also have a weekly ‘Kidz Klub’ at Church and have been desiring to be able to hold this in a smaller, more intimate setting. We were recently able to do some renovations in the Sunday school building and now have a beautiful room that is in an environment that is set up for them. Many of these children do not come to our Church services…so this is a time that we can reach out to them in a low key environment and to be able to love on them with the love of Jesus!
Each year we continue to be touched by the hearts and love of our brothers and sisters in the Lord from across the border here in Europe who bless us in a special way. Our dear friends from Trinity Baptist Church in Germany have collected food for several years now, which is used to be able to prepare food packages for those in need. These food packages not only feed 40+ families…but individual items help us also to be able to prepare (or add to) special gifts for places like the Hospice, Old Home (special care home), Children’s Home, Christmas Eve mission meal for staff and those who do not have family to celebrate with and children who come for a lunch meal at the mission.
In places like the Hospice and Care Home ministries…it is so special to personally see how much these gifts mean to these men and women who unfortunately oftentimes find themselves tucked away forgotten by their families and community.
It is such an encouragement to know that there are people out there, who do not even know them, who took the time and effort to prepare and bring to Poland things that would be a blessing to them.
This dear woman (Czesia) has a bad heart and does not think she has long to live. She has had a difficult life (including but not limited to hardships going through WWII). She learned through her parents early on to put God first in your life and to be thankful for everything (including difficult times during the war where they thanked the Lord that they could survive another day and night). She has no family here in Poland and it is special when she refers to ‘us’ as her family! She knows Jesus…and is at peace. Please pray for Czesia that she would feel the Lord close to her during this last chapter of her life.
Thank you so much for your continued love, support and prayers through the years! There is no way we could do what we do…without the Body of Christ working together as one and how the Lord blesses this unity through Him!
All the Staff
Elim Christian Mission
Lwowek Slaski, Poland
- Gosia Kulanica is registered as a Protestant Religion teacher and is certified to be able to teach in 4 schools (this is a first for this to happen and we are so grateful for the Lord in guiding Gosia down this path).
- For the Lord’s provisions to be able to help feed every weekday those who are poor (some homeless) and are in need of help for a variety of reasons.
- For various provisions, including bed covers and sport clothes for the Children’s Home. Being able to bless some 30 families (through the Social Office) with physical items for their homes…and having this opportunity to be able to share with them spiritually as well.
- For so many opportunities that the Lord provides here at the mission, as well as to those in places like the Hospice and Care Home, that allows us to share Jesus (we have been able to share with people on a particular visit…and they have died before the next visit).
- For the groups that go regularly to the Hospice and Care Home. May the Lord truly touch these people’s hearts in a special way and give their lives to Him.
- Children’s Home visit’s once a week. These visits bring so much joy to these children (very deeply handicapped). They eagerly await the group that visit with them each week. May the Lord touch their precious hearts in a very special way!
- For our first ‘English Camp’ (for children) scheduled for the last week of June.
- May the Lord give us wisdom in the planning of this new ministry opportunity.
- Continued prayer for the Lord’s provision for a much need fire alarm system (please write for more information)
- Tomek and Gosia: God’s wisdom in leadership/Gosia’s school exams in July (and health) Children Natan and Emma…every day safety and wisdom in school
- Pawel and Judy: Wisdom as parents with our 15 year old son Joshua and his special needs (both at home and school) with Autism. For Judy’s lower back.
- Lidka: for health issues (especially her eyes) and finances
- Marian and Malgosia: for health issues
- Gosia Zdunska: she is serving here (after serving for 2 years on the ship ‘Logos Hope’ (through OM Int’l). Please pray for the Lord’s wisdom for her future and the plans He has for her life.